No matter if you’re on a date or occasionally talk to your crush, getting to know the girl you like can be quite difficult. You may be thinking of conversation starters but creative ideas escape you. Similarly, you may struggle to find the right questions to get an exciting conversation going. It’s fairly safe to say that we’ve all experienced such difficulties. Not knowing how to break the ice can be exceptionally frustrating. For this reason, we’ve created a collection of 101 good questions to ask a girl you like. These are the kind of questions that will make dates without having anything interesting to talk about a thing of the past. Remember a couple of these questions and you will never again run out of interesting things to say.
Many guys think that having an insightful conversation with the girl they like is almost impossible. Interestingly enough, the central key to getting a conversation going is to simply ask the right questions. That’s all it takes. If you master the art of asking the right questions, you can accomplish almost anything in life.
“Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.”
In the following, you can find 101 good questions to ask girls. These questions will help you in encouraging them to open up. Even more importantly, these good questions are designed to help you in better getting to know the girl you like.
Not only are many of these questions quite thought-provoking but they will also help you in getting an inspiring conversation starting. These are exactly the deep questions that allow you to build a much deeper connection with the girl you like.
101 Good Questions to Ask a Girl You like
When there’s a girl you like, you want to do two things. First of all, you want to get her attention. Secondly, you want to engage her in an interesting conversation to keep her attention.
The great difficulty is often that once you’ve got her attention, you will all of a sudden run out of funny or interesting things to say. In these situations, it can be quite helpful to have a couple of good questions in mind. These good questions to ask a girl will help you in keeping the conversation going.
Here’s our list of good questions to ask a girl
These are the fantastic questions to spark exciting conversations:
1. What’s the craziest and wildest thing that you’ve ever done?
Forget about asking a girl if she’s totally boring or got a wild side. In most cases, they won’t tell you. However, by asking this question, you can quickly tell if she’s adventurous or not.
2. If you could be the character of a movie or book, whom would you choose?
Isn’t it boring to ask the girl you like about her favorite book or movie? Instead, ask them about their favorite character. Not only will they tell you what genre they prefer. But the girl’s answer will also tell you quite a lot about her as well.
What kind of a character did she choose? It’s very likely that she’ll pick the one she most identifies with. At the same time, don’t forget to ask why she chose this particular character.
3. If you had to live on an island, what 3 things would you take with you?
That’s an excellent question to find out if there’s anything she couldn’t live without.
4. What animal is most like you?
If you ask girls to tell you about their character, nothing much will follow. That’s because such a question is not really giving them a good incentive to tell you more about themselves. Therefore, ask them about their favorite animal that best represents them. Every single time, they will pick one that best describes their character. Similarly, it will show you how the girl sees herself.
5. If you were immortal, what would you do?
This one is an excellent question to discover what the girl you’re talking to would do with unlimited time. Basically, asking this question helps you in discovering what she ultimately enjoys spending her time with.
6. What was the funniest moment you’ve ever experienced?
It’s always an excellent idea to encourage her to talk about these positive moments in her life.
7. What would you do if you’d won the lottery?
Asking this good question will most likely get a very interesting conversation started. At the beginning, she will tell you about all the – sometimes a little selfish – wishes and desires she has. But as the conversation unfolds, most girls will surprise you with their creative ideas to help others as well.
8. If you were elected president, what would you change?
Let’s face it, asking a girl about the issues of a society she thinks urgently need to be addressed is quite boring. But if you give this question a “presidential spin,” you will hear many surprising things. Even more so, most girls won’t hesitate to tell you what exactly they think needs to be changed.
9. What do you want your legacy to be?
It can be quite tricky to discover what a girl hopes to accomplish in her life. This good question can help you in getting a better understanding of how she wishes to be remembered.
10. What did you want to be when you were young?
This one is a fantastic question that will encourage her to talk about her childhood. This will also bring her mentally back to a time she enjoyed most. It’s also interesting to see whether or not she followed her dream and made it her actual profession.
11. What superpower would you like to have?
This one is a good question to ask a girl you like. It will show you whether or not she has a rather self-centered approach to life. Some may tell you that they want to be invisible or have any other power to make their own lives easier. But the really interesting girls always come up with creative superpowers that could be beneficial to others as well.
12. What would you never ever do in your life?
If you really want to get to know her, ask this question. It will allow many playful follow-up questions on why exactly she is so afraid about this particular activity. This holds especially true when she tells you something that is not that extraordinary.
13. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
This question will immediately bring back her most beloved childhood memories. As such, it is excellent for eliciting positive emotions in her and breaking the ice.
Another good question to ask a girl: what was the most exciting adventure of your childhood?
14. If you could, what would you change about yourself?
Interestingly enough, most girls are so obsessed with specific things about themselves that almost no one notices. Use this as a chance to tell her that you like her the way she is.
15. What movie or book influenced you the most?
We all have that one book or movie that shaped our lives. Asking her about her favorite will tell you quite a lot. Therefore, it’s a good question to ask a girl if you want to learn more about her personality. Make sure to keep some follow-up questions handy about why this particular move your book influenced her so much.
16. What was your most surprising aha-moment
Asking others about surprising aha-moments never gets boring. At the same time, you’ll be surprised at the often incredibly interesting answers you’ll get. And who knows, perhaps you’ll also have an aha moment while listening.
17. What is holding you back from living the life of your dreams?
Ask her this question and you’ll see how much of a fighter she is. Some girls will always find excuses for not living their dreams. Others will find creative ways to overcome such obstacles. You’ll be surprised at the answers you get to this question.
18. If you could time travel, where would you go?
If you want to see whether or not she’s creative, ask this question. It’s surprising how many girls have absolutely no idea to which era they should travel to. Therefore, most will choose absolutely unimportant events in the not too distant past. But there are also some girls who come up with really interesting and creative answers.
19. What’s your purpose in life?
Is she living a meaningful life? Does she see any higher purpose in her existence? This one is a good question to ask a girl if you want to discover if she’s living a purpose-driven life or if she allows life to push her around.
20. What’s the first item on your bucket list?
Almost every girl has a – smaller or larger – bucket list in her mind. This one is an excellent question to discover why this particular item is so important to her.
21. What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
Not all girls will feel comfortable talking about what they are most embarrassed about. So be careful with this question. It may be a good idea to only ask her this question once the two of you have gotten to know each other better. But once you do ask this question, you’ll hear quite some funny stories.
22. Where would you like to spend your honeymoon?
Forget about asking her whether or not she would like to marry. Instead, ask her this question and you’ll easily find out. In case you’re looking for a girl that does not want to marry – or vice versa – this is an excellent way to ask in a subtle way.
23. What piece of advice would you give your younger self?
It never ceases to amaze me what astonishing things many girls would tell their younger selves.
24. What’s your biggest fear?
Again, this may not be an ideal question for the first date. Therefore, only ask this question once you’ve built a certain rapport with her. But once the two of you are comfortable with each other, this one is an excellent question to ask. That’s because it will allow you to comfort her and to show her how you may be able to protect her.
25. What’s your weirdest whim
Let’s face it, we all have some really funny whims. Ask this good question to a girl and you’ll definitely hear quite some funny and interesting stories.
26. If you could make something of the past undone, what would it be?
We all have committed this one particular mistake that we absolutely regret. This question is excellent for maintaining a conversation when you’ve got nothing better on your mind to ask her.
27. Would you change something about your career?
Not only will this question tell you what profession she pursues but it will also show you if she’s happy with it. At the same time, it will show you whether or not she’s proactively changing what she doesn’t like. Surprisingly, many had to make many adaptations until they finally found the job they fully enjoy. These are the girls that have the courage to invite change into their lives when they aren’t happy with something. The others may complain but never actually do something to change it.
28. Who was your weirdest roommate?
Especially if she’s ever lived in a dormitory with quite a lot of people, she may have some really funny stories.
29. How would you pass time if you were stuck in an elevator?
That’s a good question to ask a girl if you want to learn more about her personality traits. Is she someone who totally freaks out in such a situation or would she find a way to make the best of it? Her answer will definitely be very insightful. It will also show you how she behaves in situations where circumstances cannot be changed.
30. If you could time travel, what would you change about the past?
This one is a rather subtle way of asking her about the biggest mistake she’s ever made. Her answer will also show you whether she clings onto the past or if she’s living in the present. Similarly, it’s an excellent way to figure out how creative she is in overcoming the negative consequences of mistakes committed in the past.
31. What’s the story of your life?
32. What’s your childhood dream?
33. What’s the most important advice someone ever gave you?
34. What talent would you most like to have?
35. What makes you happy?
36. If your house was burning, what would you grab immediately?
37. What’s your favorite song?
38. What motivates you to get up in the morning?
39. If you could spend one day with the person of your choice, who would it be?
This question can get really interesting. You may get some pretty interesting answers, especially when you allow her to pick basically anyone no matter if they’re dead or fictional.
40. What event in your life shaped who you are today?
41. Do you prefer space exploration or deep-sea exploration?
42. What would you tell your childhood self if you could go back in time?
43. Which one of your friends should never be allowed to become U. S. president?
44. Whom would you bring back from the dead if you could?
45. What’s the piece of advice you’d like to give everyone living on this planet?
46. What haunting question could you never find an answer to?
47. If you could have the answer to a secret, which one would you choose?
48. What are you grateful for?
49. What skill would you like to master in your lifetime?
50. What’s a special talent of yours that no one else possesses?
51. What about yourself are you most proud of?
52. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
53. What scares you the most?
54. What are you passionate about?
55. Do you gravitate more towards spirituality or materialism?
56. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
57. What’s your favorite holiday destination?
58. In your opinion, what’s the meaning of life?
59. What’s the most difficult lesson life taught you?
60. What values do you want to pass on to your children?
61. Who is your role model?
62. What’s your biggest dream?
63. Are you actively pursuing your dreams?
64. What was your most amazing dream?
65. Did you ever experience something inexplicable?
66. In your opinion, what happens after we die?
67. What would you do if you had an invisibility cloak?
68. What was your worst date ever?
69. Who is your favorite relative and why?
70. What makes you laugh?
71. What’s your favorite dish and why?
72. What’s the story behind your nickname?
73. What TV show did you never miss as a kid?
74. What would you say if God asked you why you should be allowed into heaven?
75. If you could study any subject, what would you choose?
76. What would be your favorite profession – even if it’s totally stupid?
77. Who was the craziest person you’ve ever known and why?
78. What’s the movie title of your life?
79. What’s the soundtrack of your life?
80. What 3 words describe you best?
81. If no one ever judged you, what would you do differently?
82. If you could live your life again, what would you change?
83. What are you so good in that you could teach others?
84. What of your accomplishments are you most proud of?
85. What’s a secret trick of yours that nobody else knows?
86. Do you believe in karma?
87. How do you spend most of your spare time?
88. What was the most exciting adventure of your life?
89. What do you admire about your grandparents?
90. What’s your most impressive strength?
91. Did you ever made someone’s life much better?
92. What’s your worst habit you want to overcome?
93. What is it that truly makes you special?
94. In what way are you creative?
95. Would you rather be a hero or villain?
96. When was the last time you pushed your limits?
97. If you could speak to everyone on this planet, what would you say?
98. If you could direct your own TV or radio show, what would it look like?
99. What do you do to recharge your batteries?
100. How did you spend your first paycheck?
101. What could you never learn, no matter how hard you tried?
Keep in mind that dating the girl you like is not all about asking one question after another. Instead, give her the time she needs to fully answer your question. Similarly, avoid switching from one subject to another. It’s always better to be curious about the present subject you’re talking about. You can show this interest by posing some really good follow-up questions that help you to keep the conversation going.
In short, whatever you do, show interest in her and don’t make her feel like as if she’s on an awkward job interview.
However, the key to having exciting conversations lies in asking the right question at the right time. This means that not all questions named in the above are suitable for the current situation you may find yourself in. There are some questions that touch sensitive material. For this reason, they should only be asked one’s you’ve established some good trust with her.
I hope you enjoyed this list of good questions to ask a girl. What are your favorite questions to ask a girl on a date? Feel free to share your questions with us in the comment section below.