Life can be really tough. It’s a daily struggle with one daunting challenge after another. As if this was not already enough, life also has the tendency to give us a really hard time whenever it pleases. It will smack you to the ground and throw dirt at you. In other situations it will try to push you beyond your limits, just to see if you break down. And just when you thought the worst part was over, life finds a new way to throw curveballs at you. Even though life is hard we must not give up. We do have to stay strong; there is simply no other option. Whenever life pushes us to the ground, we need to get back up on our feet, shake the dust from our clothes and continue pursuing our dreams and wishes with an iron will and determined perseverance.
We need to stay strong because the moment we simply give up we fail. This is also the reason why so many people are not able to ever accomplish their dreams and desires. It is simply because they give up as soon as they are confronted with challenges and difficult times. Life, however, is not intended to be easy all the time. It has its ups and downs, but ultimately life is designed as a battleground created to make you stronger, day after day. In order to grow and advance in life, we need to prove that we will not break down. You can only become stronger when you do not give in just because you are confronted with difficulties.
Amazingly, there are people who have shown countless times that they will not give up. These iron-willed people managed to stay strong, no matter what life threw at them. We have created a handpicked selection for you, where you can find the most inspiring statements by these courageous people.
The following quotes about staying strong will inspire you to persevere no matter what happens. You will notice that these words stem from some of the wisest and strongest men and women who never ever gave up. These are the people who never allowed life to break them. Let them inspire you to become as strong as they were.
The Best Quotes about Staying Strong
As you read the following quotes, you will notice that even the greatest among us were facing the same difficulties, fears, and worries as you do now. It isn’t something that we need to be ashamed of, as it is just part of human nature to struggle when life gives us a hard time. But as you read the thoughts presented in the following, you will notice that all these brilliant people faced their fears and managed to stay strong.
- If someone is strong enough to bring you down, show them you are strong enough to get back up.
- You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.
- Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.
- People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them.
George Bernard Shaw
- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is true strength.
- Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.
- Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Courage is looking fear right in the eye and saying, ‘Get the hell out of my way, I’ve got things to do.
- The weak fall, but the strong will remain and never go under!
- Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
- I’m stronger because of the hard times, wiser because of my mistakes, and happier because I have known sadness.
- The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph. Self-realization demands very great struggle.
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
- The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.
- Feeling fear is human, but conquering it will make you feel empowered, courageous, and proud.
- One small crack does not mean you are broken. It means you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.
- If you’re going through hell, keep going.
- No matter how hard the battle gets, or no matter how many people don’t believe in your dream, never give up!
- Be strong, things will get better. It might be stormy now, but rain doesn’t last forever.
- Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb but how well you bounce.
- Success is what happens after you have survived all your mistakes.
- If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles.
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.
- The best advice I can give to anyone going through a rough patch is to never be afraid to ask for help.
- Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.
- Small minds can’t comprehend big spirits. To be great, you have to be willing to be mocked, hated and misunderstood. Stay strong.
- Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.
- Things happen to you to make you realize your true potential, strength, will power, and heart. You’ve got to have faith.
Dr. Byron Hayes
- You never know how strong you are… until being strong is the only choice you have.
- Fall seven times, stand up eight.
- Pain can change you, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a bad change. Take that pain and turn it into wisdom.
The Dalai Lama
- Worry is a total waste of time. It doesn’t change anything. All is does it steal your joy and keep you very busy doing nothing.
- He conquers who endures.
- Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.
- Talents are best nurtured in solitude, but character is best formed in the stormy billows of the world.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- I have no regrets in my life. I think that everything happens to you for a reason. The hard times that you go through build character, making you a much stronger person.
- When someone tells you that you can’t do something, perhaps you should consider that they are only telling you what they can’t do.
- Remember: Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.
- Just Remember: To be great you have to be willing to be mocked, hated, and misunderstood. Stay strong.
- The depth and strength of a human character are defined by its moral reserves. People reveal themselves completely only when they are thrown out of the customary conditions of their life, for only then do they have to fall back on their reserves.
Leonardo da Vinci
- Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
- It’s okay to struggle, but it’s never okay to give up on yourself.
- When life is sweet, say thank you & celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.
- The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
- We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.
- I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
- Remember that guy that gave up? Well, neither does anybody else.
- When we see beyond pain and find ourselves in others we learn to love at the deepest level.
- Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.
I hope you enjoyed these amazing quotes about staying strong.
These were so many fantastic and inspiring quotes that it is sometimes quite difficult to really draw the core essence out of it. For this very reason, you can find a short summary of this article in the following.
What Is the Quintessence of These Stay Strong Quotes?
It is incredibly difficult to summarize all these quotes within a couple of sentences. Nonetheless, let us try to draw a conclusion from these quotes in the above:
No matter how tough life can be, you must never give up. If life has thrown you to the ground, get back up on your feet and shake off the dust. Always remember that you can only grow and advance in life through struggle, hardship and challenges. In a way, we must change our attitude towards the difficulties life throws at us. Instead of complaining and whining about it, we need to remind ourselves that all these experiences will ultimately make us stronger than we were before.
I hope you like this tiny little summary. There could be said so much more of course, but for the sake of brevity, I have kept myself short.
How to Stay Strong When Everything Falls Apart?
Whenever I’m confronted with difficulties, I always try to remind myself that everything that happens to me happens for a good reason. Most of the time, I have absolutely no idea what this reason is. But experience shows that I will eventually discover this reason after some time has passed. And after I have discovered the reason I begin to understand that even though what happened to me was quite painful, it still served me in one way or the other.
But how can you stay strong when your life seems to fall apart?
Whenever we are confronted with change and challenges we have great difficulties in accepting what happens. However, it’s impossible to find peace by continuously fighting to conform your life to how things “should have been” or “were supposed to be.”
Only by accepting the unchangeable we open ourselves to new opportunities.
2. Everything’s temporary
Right after being smacked down by life it is incredibly important to remind yourself of the temporary nature of life. Knowing that there will be better days in the not too far future will help you to continue fighting.
There might be even a positive side to hardship, as research indicates. Scientists at the University of British Columbia conducted a study with more than 14,000 participants to find out whether adversity influenced a person’s capacity for savoring. Interestingly, the research uncovered that those who had to deal with a lot of adversity in their life were more likely to appreciate life’s beauty.
3. Break free, one step at a time
Whenever we are confronted with hardship we either resort to higher powers, hoping they will save us, or give up fighting entirely. For this very reason, it is so important to work yourself out of the misery, slowly but surely.
It is not so important to overcome the challenges instantly, what is more, important is that you show perseverance. Only by addressing the issue one step at a time you can avoid the feeling of being totally overwhelmed, which might eventually lead you to give up.
4. Draw inspiration from people in similar situations
Sometimes you just need a powerful encouragement to continue fighting against the struggle. Such a powerful source of inspiration can be found in the story of people who found themselves in similar situations, but never ever gave up and finally managed to overcome whatever it was that troubled them.
5. Keep learning
We are being thrown into really tough situations in order to grow and become stronger. For this process to happen, it is so important that we are willing to accept the challenge that lies in front of us. We need to remind ourselves that it is an important learning experience, no matter how difficult and painful it is.
If you happen to know someone who’s going through a really tough time in life, feel free to share this article with this very special person. We’re excited to hear your favorite quotes that help you to continue fighting for your dreams. Let us know in the comment section below.
Photo credit: Colleen