The concept of a soulmate can be found in various different cultures of all ages. It dates back to ancient Greece, where it was held as an ideal. Even though many people believe in the existence of a soulmate, they all have their unique views on what exactly a soulmate is. The following will present you a selection of the best soulmate quotes handpicked for you. Hopefully, these quotes by some of the most magnificent and wisest authors will inspire you to ponder about the subject of twin flames. The following love quotes will also give you a good overview of the many different viewpoints about what exactly a soulmate is. Also, be sure not to miss our collections of cute relationship quotes and the best anniversary quotes.
Maybe you have already met that very special person with whom you feel so intimately connected that you could spend eternity with. It’s the person that understands you best, the special one who finishes your sentences, the one you can easily empathize with. You might even recognize yourself and your partner in one or more of these quotes. But if you haven’t met the other half of your soul yet, don’t lose your hope. The following quotes will inspire you to continue your search for that very special person in your life. Plus, by reading some of the funniest love quotes on your journey, you will always have something to laugh about.
The Best Quotes about Soulmates
As you read the following quotes you will notice that opinions on soulmates differ widely. To some, a soulmate is just an incredibly like-minded person that they feel intimately connected with. To others, the concept of a soulmate has a more metaphysical background. The latter belief in the idea that soulmates are both part of the same soul, which is creating a deep and intense spiritual connection between two people.
It doesn’t matter who is right and who’s wrong, all that matters is that we know in our hearts that we have an intense connection with a like-minded person. What could be more beautiful?
Reading through the following quotes will lift your spirits and inspire you. Every single quote will share an interesting perspective on subjects ranging from love, soulmates, identical selves and true romance. The authors will also encourage you to think about your own life and the many different relationships that you have with very special people.
- Our universe grants every soul a twin—a reflection of themselves—the kindred spirit – And no matter where they are or how far away they are from each other—even if they are in different dimensions, they will always find one another. This is destiny; this is love.
- A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we’re pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person, we’re safe in our own paradise.
- A soulmate is an ongoing connection with another individual that the soul picks up again in various times and places over lifetimes. We are attracted to another person at a soul level not because that person is our unique complement, but because by being with that individual, we are somehow provided with an impetus to become whole ourselves.
- Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal.
- …and when one of them meets the other half, the actual half of himself, whether he be a lover of youth or a lover of another sort, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy and one will not be out of the other’s sight, as I may say, even for a moment…
- A bond between souls is ancient – older than the planet.
- A soulmate is the one person whose love is powerful enough to motivate you to meet your soul, to do the emotional work of self-discovery, of awakening.
- We recognize a soulmate by the supreme level of comfort and security we feel with that person. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t issues that remain to be ironed out. Rather, it means we know intuitively that we can resolve issues with our soul mate without losing his or her love and respect.
- People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.
- What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined to strengthen each other, to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.
- A soulmate is someone to whom we feel profoundly connected, as though the communicating and communing that take place between us were not the product of intentional efforts, but rather a divine grace.
- You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.
- When you’re in love, you’re capable of learning everything and knowing things you had never dared even to think, because love is the key to understanding of all the the mysteries.
- Have you ever felt really close to someone? So close that you can’t understand why you and the other person have two separate bodies, two separate skins?
- You have half our gifts. I the other. Together we make a whole. Together we are much more powerful.
- If I know what love is, it is because of you.
- Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.
- “Soulmate” is an overused term, but a true soul connection is very rare, and very real.
- There is no such thing as a soulmate…and who would want there to be? I don’t want half of a shared soul. I want my own damn soul.
- Immature love says, I love you because I need you. Mature love says, I need you because I love you.
- Soul mates are muses. The people in your life you despise, disrespect and desire the most.
Coco J. Ginger
- I used to believe in one true soul mate, but not anymore. I believe you can have a few.
- Most people have more than one soul mate… A soul mate can come in the form of a life partner, friend, child, or lover. A soul mate can be someone with whom you share a spiritual path, a joint work in the world, or a commitment to be parents to certain souls. It can be one whose growth you are sponsoring, such as a child.
- Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.
- The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind I was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.
- There are no accidental meetings between souls.
- To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates, which takes a lifetime to perfect.
- There is a special bond between twin soulmates – unconditional love, respect for each other, bringing out the best in each other, and highly compatible.
- Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.
- In a church of my own we’re perfect together I recognize you in the stained glass.
- I want to be your soulmate, even if I don’t believe in them.
- The most wonderful of all things in life, I believe, is the discovery of another human being with whom one’s relationship has a glowing depth, beauty, and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing, it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of Divine accident.
- It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being.
John Joseph Powell
- A soul mate is… someone whose way of viewing life is not necessarily the same as yours but complements yours… there is not a compromise, there is a complement.
- Love is but the discovery of ourselves in another, and the delight in the recognition.
- If you want to attract a life partner as your soul mate, there are several illusions you will need to relinquish. One is that your soul mate is someone you will be with for the rest of your life. You can have a soul mate relationship that lasts a few weeks, months, or years. Time has nothing to do with the quality of your connection and its importance in your life.”
- Soulmates tend to find each other during their respective pursuits of their soul missions. Creating a soulmate could be seen as a spiritual reward that we give ourselves, after pursuing many soul contracts rife with discord.
- In any soul mate relationship, you will need to let go of the illusion that there is a perfect person waiting for you who will fulfill your every expectation and give your personality everything it desires once you are together. Do not expect your ideal soul mate to be someone who is always loving and easy to get along with, who agrees with everything you say or do, and who brings you a life of ease/comfort.
- Our soul… direct us to individuals who share our purpose in life, complement our strengths, and supplement our weaknesses. But there is no guarantee that these ideal mates are going to look the way we expect, or be of our own background.
- When deep down in the core of your being you believe that your soulmate exists, there is no limit to the ways he or she can enter your life.
- I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times… In life after life, in age after age, forever.
- The soulmate is what we aspire to and like to understand about ourself, is what we deem to be perfection, purity, and endless love.
- Rather than being about excitement and lust, a soul mate relationship is characterized by such things as a shared life path, a sense of comfort and ease, and a genuine liking of each other.
Katherine Woodward Thomas
- Soul mates are those that we’ve known many lifetimes, have had many karmic contracts with, and with whom we have resolved conflicts. Marriage partners may or may not be soul mates, though they will be a soul contract. With true soul mates, there is no struggle. What’s left over is love.
Karen M. Black
- Before you find your soul mate, you must first discover your soul.
Charles F. Glassman
I hope you enjoyed our handpicked collection of the best soulmate quotes ever spoken.
Scientists have great difficulties in understanding the concept of a soulmate, as former NASA roboticist Randall Munroe shows in his book What If? Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions.
In an attempt to disprove the hypothesis of the existence of soulmates, Munroe calculates the likelihood of ever meeting that very special person of yours. Logically, the mathematical probability of ever finding that person is really slim, next to impossible. But can you really calculate the likelihood of meeting your soulmate?
Share Your Own Wisdom
Have you already found your own soulmate? If so, you could consider sharing one to quotes with that very special person of yours. However, if you are still searching for the true soulmate, the quotes in the above will give you the necessary encouragement, hope and faith to continue your search for the love of your life.