In the following you will see how to manage time effectively so that you are able to do more work in a shorter amount of time.
Time management definition
(What does it mean “to manage time effectively” and what are essential time management skills?):
Time management is the process of applying certain skills and methods in order to accomplish tasks, goals and projects, such as setting aims, allocating, analyzing and organizing. A person that knows how to manage time effectively speeds up new advances and is enabled to spend more time with leisure activities. These abilities are also associated with time management skills. Time management skills refer furthermore to the ability of a person to solve time management issues and recognize problems that have wasted time.
How to manage time effectively:
Here are some guidelines that will show you how to manage time effectively, if you feel yourself overwhelmed to get all your tasks done in a given period.
1. Clarity: One of the biggest reasons for being diverted is a lack of clarity about what your plans are for the current day and what needs to be done. This results in procrastination and in the end we haven’t done anything. Therefore you should always have crystal clear goals and know exactly what kind of tasks you got to execute, day after day to avoid procrastination. By being crystal clear you will soon get to know how to manage time effectively, as you always know what kind of tasks need to be done.
2. Make a distinction: Start to analyze all your duties and distinct between tasks that have a high priority and those with lower priority. Those that have the highest priority are generally those that cause the majority of results and let you reach your targeted goals. Keep your focus on the high priority tasks and perform the tasks with a lower priority only when you finished anything else. This method of managing time effectively enables gaining more time when you are stressed and have a lot of work, since unimportant tasks can be put aside.
3. Schedule your day: Another really helpful time management skill is the ability of scheduling. Specify the tasks and projects in a plan that you need to perform in order to achieve your goals. You should also plan the subgoals and how you intent to reach those. Furthermore, it is very helpful to break down your tasks over the next months if you are having more ambitious goals.
4. Leverage your time: Time leverage can be a very effective time management method that is crucial to be successful. Leverage your time by eliminating unproductive tasks that mostly are unnecessary and unhelpful, but are lasting long periods or durations. Focus on the important tasks that will enable the accomplishment of your targets, other tasks can be done in another time interval, when you did your major tasks.
5. Avoid procrastination: Another important part of intelligent time management skills is the ability to fight and avoid procrastination. It is absolutely necessary to prevent yourself from developing habits that cause you from getting distracted from your tasks and waste your time. In order to avoid procrastination we need to evaluate the reasons that diversion occurs. One reason is that we have tasks to execute that are unpleasant and we start to recognize that there are thousands of other things that are more pleasuring. People get procrastinated during these tasks because they are trying to avoid it subconsciously. One solution would be to find a quick reward if you finished the tasks, so that you are more motivated in performing the unpleasant task.
Time management quotes:
“The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” ~ Michael Altshuler
“A man who dares to waste one hour of life has not discovered the value of life.” ~ Charles Darwin
The above named time management methods can help you to develop your time management skills and will enable you to spend a lot of time with hobbies and your family since you have gained the knowledge on how to manage time effectively.
The article Time Management – How to Manage Time was brought to you by The Road to Success.