In the following you will learn to improve your self esteem with positive affirmations and how to avoid common mistakes, while you boost your confidence.
Positive affirmations can help to improve self esteem drastically and will boost confidence, when applied properly. First of all we should define what it means to affirm something in form of positive affirmations. When speaking of affirming it is generally meant to make some statement or declaration that asserts the truth or existence of something. Affirmations that are being phrased correctly can improve self esteem, the development of the personality and especially the faith in oneself. These sorts of claims and declarations can help us to create a more positive and enthusiastic being. In order to meet the conditions of a real powerful affirmation we need to avoid the following mistakes:
Inappropriate Phrasing and Words:
When you phrase your affirmation keep attention to the words you are using, which is really important. Every person is attaching specific emotions (positive as well as negative) to words. The word “war” is getting associated with negative emotions, whereas “love” is attached with a lot of positive feelings. Therefore it is absolutely necessary to avoid words that are associated with negative feelings. Any kind of negativity can result in a negative outcome, because of the fact that our subconscious is not able to distinct between positive and negative. Furthermore you should formulate your positive affirmations in the present tense. One of my favorite affirmation to boost confidence is
“I am extremely pleased and grateful that I am [you can insert here whatever you like, for example: healthy, wealthy, etc.]”
Affirming to your conscious mind instead of your subconscious:
Another reason why so many people fail in affirming is that they try to apply positive affirmations while being not in the right mental state that would be necessary to make these statements work to boost confidence. What happens is that their conscious is blocking the statements and prevents these from becoming true believes. It is crucial to be in a relaxed state of mind so that your phrasings can bypass your conscious and get accepted by your widely opened subconscious.
After pointing out these commonly committed errors we can focus on positive affirmations to improve self esteem:
How to formulate positive affirmations in order to boost confidence and your self-respect:
- Daily affirmations: The key to succeed in affirming and boost confidence is that we embed these positive statements regularly, just as many of us were used to think negative on a regular basis. I can recommend you to create a habit in applying these statements before going to bed.
- Identify negative assertions: The very first step to change your attitude and become a more self confident person is to detect all the negative assumptions that have been embedded into your mindset. Every time you found yourself saying some negative statement replace it with a positive one.
- Be persistent: In order to implement an affirmation you need to be patient and persistent. Only regular practice will result in success. You will also notice that you get more experienced after having applied your statements often, which results in an increased effectiveness of your affirmations.
- Having faith: The last, but most important thing to consider when using positive affirmations is to believe in the phrasings you want to achieve. You need to have faith in yourself and your targeted affirmation to let it become true.
In the following I also want to explain you some effective hints that enable you to increase the effectiveness of your affirmations and make them more powerful, which results in self-confidence and dignity:
- Write your positive affirmations down
- Apply your statements on a scheduled time
- Make use of the word “choose”. Your mind will accept the phrasing more easily.
- Apply visualization to increase the effectiveness. You could imagine yourself in the future, living a happy and totally perfect life. You are a very self-confident person with a high self-esteem. How does it feel to you? What do you see? Does it excite you?
To give you an example of powerful affirmations I will give you some examples on how you can phrase your statements:
- I am extraordinary grateful that I am able to succeed in living a life without cigarettes.
- I choose to live a healthy life and start to eat healthy food.
This article has shown you how you can improve self esteem and boost confidence, but you will only benefit from this knowledge once you started to apply positive affirmations.
Photo by williamcho
The article Improve Self Esteem with Positive Affirmations was brought to you by Personal Development.